Customer Trust Analyst (San Jose, San Francisco, Remote US Available)
Join us as we pursue our exciting new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking to add a Customer Trust Analyst to grow our Customer Trust program on the Splunk Global Security (SGS) team. As an Analyst, you will be supporting our sales team, and may also work directly with existing and potential customers, demonstrating how our cyber security measures align with their security expectations and applicable standards and regulations. You will serve as a key member on the Customer Trust team, providing security expertise to key stakeholders, playing a pivotal role in the revenue-generating workstream.
- Coordinate and manage responses to customer requests, including contributing to Request for Proposals (RFP) and addressing customer security inquiries, questionnaires, and/or due diligence assessments.
- Provide accurate information about Splunk's cyber security posture to customers, demonstrating how our cyber security measures align with their security expectations and applicable standards and regulations.
- Contribute to maintaining a knowledge base of Splunk security information to effectively address customer inquiries about Splunk's security posture, collaborating with subject matter experts and key partners across Splunk to ensure accuracy
- Administer the internal tool(s), as a super user, that is used to support the customer trust services
- Develop external facing material in the form of white papers, due diligence documentation, and other resources that can be shared with customers.
- Work with Sales and Legal to support customer direct engagements that assesses Splunk security posture beyond the level of standard due diligence or standard requirements.
- Provide security expertise to Legal teams in the contract-negotiation process to ensure that contract terms accurately reflect Splunk's cyber security capabilities.
- Drive process improvement and automation initiatives to continuously mature the service to more effectively support Sales in shortening the sales cycle, and meet customer expectations.
- 5+ years of applicable work experience in Information Security or Information Security Audit & Compliance with a Bachelor’s degree, or 3+ years with a Master's degree
- Functional knowledge of cyber security principles, concepts, technologies, and security compliance frameworks (e.g., ISO 27001, ISO 27018, SOC 1 / SSAE 18, SOC 2, NIST CSF, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, COBIT, CSA CCM, SIG)
- Understanding of cloud security principles
- Learn quickly to develop a solid grasp and technical of Splunk security policies, controls, and Splunk product and service offerings. Able to accurately articulate this information in clear and concise terms to customers.
- Strong written and verbal communication, and critical thinking ability
- Customer service orientation with a problem-solving approach
- Ability to multitask, balance and prioritize work in a dynamic environment, ensuring SLAs are met
- Team oriented, proactive, and able to work independently
- One or more of the following certifications is preferred: CISSP, CRISC, CISM, CISA, CCSK, GIAC, CCNA Security, CSX, and CTPRP.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.?
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.?
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $75,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).