Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between data and action. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success.? Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you a dynamic individual interested in go-to-market innovation, business model and commercialization strategy, program development and operations? Do you want to work for one of the fastest growing technology companies in the world? Then this position at Splunk is for you!
The Pricing & Monetization team is passionate about driving commercialization and getting results through building better business models, establishing and optimizing the monetization of Splunk’s portfolio of products and services, and launching new offerings? in collaboration with GTM, Product, Operations, Finance and others.
As Director, Commercialization and Pricing, you will structure cross-functional initiatives, develop insights and implement commercial models that drive growth, improve revenue/profit potential and optimize our GTM motion.? Insights and projects include evolution of consumption based pricing model, customer lifetime value and cohort analysis, discount optimization, deal desk support as well as driving the vision and definition for cloud selling motion and supporting systems.
In this role, you will work on highly sophisticated problems, inform leaders on critical decisions and have exposure to senior-level decision-making crafting relationships with people across the company.
We are looking for a demonstrated success in strategy development, pricing, business analysis, project management and problem solving.
You understand the data as well as the business and can deliver proactive analysis and insights.? Strong presence, executive communication and consensus building capabilities are essential.? Demonstrated ability to thrive in an unstructured, collaborative environment is ideal. Management consulting and technology market experience is highly appreciated.
- Drive highly visible projects for Splunk; Work cross-functionally to structure problems, analyze opportunities, and work towards solutions and meaningful recommendations and results through a thorough, fact-based process.
- Collaborate with leaders in sales, marketing, and product organizations to craft new business models, define monetization strategies for new offerings, optimize packaging & pricing for existing products, and drive the vision for future GTM motions and supporting processes and systems?
- Optimize product portfolio by creating effective strategies & programs to increase cross-sell/up-sell
- Guide pricing proposals through Splunk’s governance process, from Pricing Committee approval through to implementation
- Develop analytical insights in partnership with finance informing Splunk's overall revenue strategy.
- Conduct primary research (qualitative customer interviews, quantitative market research including conjoint and other robust pricing research) & deliver pricing recommendations that follow a logically reasoned, data-driven approach to achieve strategic & financial goals
- 4+ years of experience post MBA in a combination of strategy, business operations in a technology company, and top-tier consulting firm / corporate strategy.
- Demonstrated experience in commercialization strategy at an enterprise SaaS or software company
- Experience driving large initiatives from framing the problem, conducting research / analysis to building the business and operational plans through to driving execution to success is required.
- Strong leadership and excellent written / verbal communications to work with senior executives across various geographies and functions; comfort in business and technical discussions.
- Strong people development and influencing skills; able to build and drive extended and virtual teams.
- Strong data handling and financial skills to work on sophisticated business issues without supervision.
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment.
- Personal interest in technology and all things Big Data
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.?
- Master of Business Administration required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or an equivalent