Director, Human Resources Business Partner - Engineering
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone? Splunk is a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers! We’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Director HR Business Partner role will develop the talent strategy and drive the execution of solutions to ensure business success for our Engineering team. You will be an advisor and partner to the Engineering leadership teams. We are seeking a strategic and operationally savvy leader who can think globally, collaborate with diverse business partners and build a culture that attracts and enables world-class talent to make a significant impact.
End-to-end HR acumen is a core requirement for this role. As a resourceful, driven, and positive leader, your intellectual agility, logical approach to problem-solving, and ability to work at pace are key attributes of your working style. This role reports to the Sr. Director, HRBP.
The role is ideally based in the Bay Area but we are open to candidates outside the area. If you are passionate about creating differentiated employee experiences and using data to drive people and culture strategies and decisions, we’d love to speak to you.
- Translate business goals into integrated, measurable talent strategies and initiatives that help grow the business and deliver results.
- Be a trusted business partner to mentor and develop executives on people practices that will build a highly engaged culture of high performance and continuous learning and development.
- Act as an account manager to ensure that relevant talent solutions are deployed strategically into the client groups. Provide input about client needs to the global Center of Expertise (COE) and other partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and result in the achievement of business and enterprise goals. Monitor results and work collaboratively to address gaps.
- Track organization health and culture to ensure it is tuned to drive business success. Use data-driven diagnostic tools and processes to develop solutions to continuously improve org effectiveness.
- Be an ambassador for our culture. Advocate and uphold our values and practices to ensure our culture continues as a competitive advantage for our business.
- Develop and integrate global diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) strategies to ensure Splunk’s workforce is representative and that we create an inclusive environment where all employees feel they belong and can perform at their best.
- Drive the development of leadership capability of the client organizations. Strengthen the leadership pipeline through succession planning, organization/role design, and high-impact leadership development experiences.
- Advise leaders about Splunk’s people practices, processes, and policies including proposed changes that will affect their operational effectiveness. Devise and develop effective communication between and among management and employees in client groups on relevant people practices.
- Advise on performance and rewards planning processes and compensation activities during the year.
- Support enterprise programs to ensure successful implementation within client groups.
- Work with cross-functional partners including legal, finance, security, facilities, etc. to develop and deliver actions in support of the business.
- Be a valued member of the Product and Technology People Leadership Team, driving strategy, operational execution, and engagement across the function.·???????
- Create data-driven HR solutions: Use relevant data to inform and create insights for client groups to inform decision-making and team performance.
- Strong business and financial acumen. Understand the organization's business landscape and strategies, drivers of shareholder value, and relevant business models. Know how to translate these into solutions that enable leaders to achieve goals and objectives.
- Vision, critical thinking, and an innovative approach.
- Ability to execute operationally with a strong results orientation. Develop structured approaches to foster high performance.
- Previous exposure to rapidly scaling businesses and People functions.
- Ability to operate within a global People organization with regional teams playing critical roles in providing end-to-end services across a global business and multi-country workforce.
- Personal credibility and highly effective at working collaboratively with key partners: being consultative, influencing, managing expectations, productively addressing conflict, and leading through others.
- An accomplished leader in developing organizations, mentoring others, and building diverse, agile teams. Adept at building trust and mutual respect.
- Expert critical thinking and communication skills. Influence senior management decision-making through the use of data-driven analytics. Communicate with clarity, conviction, and confidence across regions and work with all levels across the organization.
- Deep analytical and problem-solving capabilities to lead fact-based decision-making and solutions.
- Understanding of cultural, business, and compliance issues around the globe. Deep appreciation for explicit and nuanced differences in-country and regional practices outside the U.S.
- Act as a change agent with experience in leading and successfully inspiring positive change.
- HR acumen - deep knowledge of end-to-end HR functions including talent acquisition, total rewards, sales compensation, learning & development. Understanding of current legal and regulatory environment.
- Proclivity towards dynamic, innovative, or data or research-based people and business practices.
- 12- 15+ years of progressive HR experience required
- Significant time in role partnering with and influencing senior business executives within a high-growth technology company.
- Demonstrated results achieved by being a strategic problem solver and partner to drive the implementation of solutions to address complex business challenges.
- Experience operating in a global People organization playing critical roles in providing end-to-end services across a global business and multi-country workforce.
- Have used HCM technology, other point solution applications, and sophisticated data analytics to achieve productivity, drive insights and improve employee, manager, and executive engagement.
- Undergraduate degree required. MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
Travel Requirements and Demands:
Post-COVID, travel to our remote offices and some international travel may be required.
We value diversity at our company. Everyone who applies with the qualifications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $135,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).