Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between data and action. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success.Role:
The Pricing & Monetization team at Splunk is passionate about driving commercialization and getting results through building better business models, establishing and optimizing the monetization of Splunk’s portfolio of products and services, and launching new offerings in collaboration with GTM, Product, Operations, Finance and others.
As an Analyst in Pricing and Commercialization team, you will help develop insights and execute strategies that uncover and drive growth and improvements in the business. Insights and projects include customer lifetime value and cohort analysis, discount optimization, conjoint and willingness to pay analysis, competitive research as well as conducting market and customer research to drive new opportunities for growth and expansion. You will support the team in critical analysis and provide data driven insights in sales strategies, discount controls, and assist in the preparation of reports and content for executive discussions.
We are looking for a well-rounded individual with a demonstrated ability to deliver results with a knack of connecting data to overall company strategy. Reporting to the Head of Pricing Analytics, the Pricing Analyst will be responsible for preparing quarterly pricing metrics, ensuring timely and accurate processing of all pricing updates, and work closely with the other members of the Pricing team to develop and implement new pricing proposals as well as monitoring sales execution and customer adoption.
The ideal candidate will understand the data as well as the business and can deliver proactive analysis and insights leveraging a combination of strong quantitative skills, project management skills, interpersonal skills and a deep interest in Splunk’s products, business, and strategy.
- Support monetization and commercial analytics and insights for Splunk’s business; Work cross-functionally to bring insights, and support strategic and operational decisions through a data and insight driven process.
- Provide insights and understanding of the competitive landscape through analytics and market research as required (e.g. pipeline and sales data, market, customer, competitors).?
- Deliver recommendations that follow a logically reasoned, data-driven approach, supported by appropriate market research and competitive analysis.
- Help our functions drive the definition, measurement and tracking of the key strategic and commercial initiatives.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly business reports, including pricing waterfalls, discount metrics and street price analysis.
- Provide ad-hoc analytical and project support.
- 2+ years experience or equivalent; working in any combination of analytics, strategy, competitive intelligence and FP&A, preferably in a technology company/environment.
- Understanding of SaaS/subscription, software or tech B2B? business models.
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment with a tenacious approach to problem solving.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to manage high volumes of data and maintain focus on detailed tasks.
- High aptitude to learn quickly, assimilate to new terms and projects, provide critical thinking, with appropriate attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Personal interest in technology and all things Big Data
- Extensive experience with Excel, Tableau and PowerPoint
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Statistics, Engineering or a related field.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.?