Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Principal Product Manager at Splunk, you will help to lead/build strategic solutions for our industry leading Observability Product, Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring suite.
- Drive the product vision and strategy for Splunk Infrastructure Monitoring with a special focus on top use cases such as Kubernetes, Serverless, Machine Learning, and etc.
- Lead product management and deliver significant revenue growth with new and renewal customers with usability and capability improvement for strategic use cases
- Develop crisp understanding of customer segments, customer needs, strategic use cases and user journey in depth
- Actively maintain a view of how the market, competition and technologies are evolving, and factor competitive information and customer feedback into product direction
- Lead the roadmap execution with engineering and architects, translate vision into innovative features
- Build and lead the Infrastructure Observability strategic solution PM team
- Lead pricing, packaging, positioning, partnership and GTM effort, partnering with GTM team
- Demonstrated ability of strategic thinking, product vision development, roadmap prioritization across conflicting dimensions
- Able to independently identify significant opportunities in an ambiguous area and build consensus around roadmaps
- Proven ability to deliver major product releases and innovations
- Deep knowledge of Kubernetes and cloud infrastructure
- A passion for technology and a knack for simplicity; solid understanding of Cloud, SaaS, Infrastructure, Database, Kubernetes, Machine Learning, analytics preferred
- Experience with developing software, understanding engineering tradeoffs, and an intuition for the needs of the developers and operators who use our products
- Strong market acumen and the ability to identify opportunities to address critical customer needs
- Willing to go above and beyond to get quality products and features to market on time.
- 5+ years with technical product management role
- 2+ years in strategic consulting
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent (but open to all undergraduate degrees)
- MBA from premier program
- Background in enterprise SaaS; bonus if those were monitoring / observability related
- Participation in all stages of the software development lifecycle, experience with Agile software methodologies
- People management experience
If you’d like to join one of the fastest-growing and most exciting tech companies in Silicon Valley, contact us! This position has the ability to make a huge impact. Your compensation will include a competitive salary, stock options, cool perks, and generous benefits.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $135,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).