Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to Turn Data Into Doing?. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our technology and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Role: Senior Solutions Engineer
Splunk Solutions Engineers are Big Data and Analytics experts on Splunk products working on projects related to Cloud migration, security and ITOA analytics, and data science as well as related platform integrations.
As one of the senior-most technical pre-sales resources, Solutions Engineers are responsible for driving strategic opportunities that require deep technical expertise in many areas such as Splunk Cloud, commercial Cloud Service Providers (CSPs), and hybrid environments.
A successful Solutions Engineer will not only maintain deep technical understanding of products and services, but also build multi-functional relationships, and create collateral to build scale and impact Splunk’s rapid growth rate.
- Serve as the technical escalation point for Customers as it relates to Splunk products, capabilities and offerings during pre-sales efforts.
- Identify and qualify business opportunities and develop strategies for resolving technical blockers
- Provide best practices and root cause analysis of the most sophisticated technology challenges -- This may include building test environments and experiments, establishing ad-hoc teams of experts, and/or collaborating with Product Management and Engineering
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers and prospects to drive business impacts
- Develop and deliver Splunk product workshops for external audiences
- Demonstrate Splunk products and articulate the value of solutions at advanced sales stages and at high-impact marketing or tradeshow events such as Splunk’s annual user conference
- Maintain and extend personal expertise related to evolving and newly-emerging technologies underpinning the latest industry trends and prototype solutions for integration with Splunk
- Influence product capabilities and direction based on crosscutting customer challenges and needs
- Operate as a self-starter who is driven by an intense desire to learn, grow, teach & win
Key Candidate Differentiators:
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability in a senior pre-sales and/or technical leadership capacity, including experience presenting to CxOs
- Possess deep knowledge and expertise in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform service
- Experience operationalizing data sources from CSPs with Splunk is highly desirable
- Prior experience as a technical analyst is highly desirable
- Experience creating and presenting technical content to large and diverse audiences
- Expertise in at least one scripting language (Python, bash, etc.) is highly desirable
- Expertise with Cloud native enterprise technologies (e.g., Containers, Kubernetes) including architecture, deployment
- Professional certifications from one or more of the “top three” cloud service providers is highly desirable but not required (AWS, Azure, GCP) (e.g., “AWS Solutions Architect”)
- Possess knowledge and experience across multiple verticals/industries -- demonstrable ability to understand and articulate the technology landscape throughout in the context of these verticals/industries
- You live in NYC/NJ
Ability to travel up to 25% (when/where public health conditions allow due to COVID-19)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or substantial relevant on the job experience
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.