Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we are committed to our work, customers, having fun and each other’s success. We continue to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year-over-year.
The Senior Accountant will join a dynamic, fast-paced and high-growth company as a key, full-time member of the Corporate Accounting team. You will collaborate with various functions across the organization domestically and internationally to ensure efficient and timely operations of the accounting function. As the Senior Accountant, you will report to the APAC Accounting Manager and will work closely with accounting and finance teams globally to support monthly close, consolidation process, statutory compliance and financial reporting for Splunk’s Asia Pacific entities, with focus on North Asia countries. You will also assist in researching technical accounting guidance and conclude on accounting topics. In addition, you will have the opportunity to help develop efficient and scalable processes that will enable the accounting team to keep pace with Splunk’s tremendous growth as we strive to reach our goal of hitting $5 billion in annual revenue and beyond.
Support accounting period close for areas of functional responsibility which includes preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis
- You will execute existing accounting and reporting controls and procedures in the course of the monthly and quarterly close including: accounting close packages for legal entities, financial reporting reconciliations, support of local entities statutory reporting requirements, analytics and efficiency metrics
- You will be in charge of all audit requirements related to Asia Pacific entities focusing on China, Taiwan, Korea and Japan countriesunder your charge
- You will assist in designing, implementing, maintaining and monitoring corporate accounting policies and procedures; and assist in internal control and process documentation
- You will prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement flux variance analysis for management reporting
- You will manage assigned projects and collaborate with cross-functional team members in delivering high quality, decision ready information to our business partners
- You will manage and resolve local entities compliance requirements, ensuring all issues are thoroughly investigated and resolved through the internal and external channels available
- Perform special purpose or ad hoc analyses and projects as required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA qualification is preferred
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience is required, preferable a combination of private and public industry experience in the IT industry;
- Possesses a good understanding of U.S. GAAP and SOX requirements with strong knowledge of IFRS standards
- Excellent analytical, creative problem solving, organizational and project management skills
- Takes initiative to implement changes that will simplify and improve processes
- Experience operating in a shared service accounting environment and managing outsource accounting firm would be advantages
- Willing to tackle challenges in a continuously changing environment
- Prior experience in managing statutory compliance and accounting of entities in countries in North Asia eg Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea and Japan would be preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with the team, management, peers, cross-functional groups and Asia Pacific regional business partners
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Experience in a global ERP system is required with hands on SAP experience preferred?