Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you passionate about building, redefining, and growing SaaS products in the cloud? We are! Join us in Splunk SOAR (Security Orchestration Automation and Response) where we are building and operating products critical to our customers' security and operations, extending and demonstrating Splunk's leadership in all things data.
We are looking for a highly hardworking technical leader to develop our SOAR organization. This rapidly expanding group is simultaneously:
- Building cloud-native SOAR products deeply integrated with Splunk innovations such as Splunk Mission Control and Splunk Enterprise Security.
- Growing and innovating in our on-premise SOAR solutions.
- Helping define and create cloud-native platforms and reusable solutions as we lead the way in cloud.
- Finding creative ways to rapidly iterate and learn in the cloud without sacrificing compliance and quality that our customers critically depend upon.
This is an impactful and highly visible role within Splunk that will reshape and grow our security products and further extend our leadership in the cloud.
You thrive in a dynamic environment and you have a track record of delivering technical expertise and successful solutions. Your job includes collaborating closely with peers across all engineering areas as well as in product management, program management, and UX. Your technical leadership will help our team do the best work of their lives, and have a great time doing it.
You meet at least one of these descriptions (if both, then awesome):
- You're fluent in multiple aspects of security (such as cloud, application, and infrastructure), you understand the security market, and you have built and innovated real products in the security space. You have some SaaS or cloud experience and are eager to learn more.
- You may not be a security expert, but you get the cloud. You understand what it takes to run large-scale multi-tenant SaaS systems with dependencies on imperfect, constantly-changing foundations — taking performance, availability, security, compliance, and cost to heart.
This is a demanding role, calling for a deeply technical leader who can balance many factors:
- Holding the line for quality without falling into perfectionism.
- Ensuring objective, data-driven technical decisions while enabling teams to own their own architecture (and love their jobs).
- Building and driving technical vision without starting over or ignoring existing ideas.
- Articulating big ideas without requiring big-bang, non-incremental projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Inbound technology leadership: Evangelizing and instructing good architecture and technical transformation. Selling delayed gratification to leadership. Driving transformation projects. Checking EM and PM leadership's architectural wishes.
- Outbound technology leadership: Pitching and explaining our architecture to customers and other teams. Eliciting and synthesizing useful technical feedback from our customers. Voicing support for our technology and products to the public.
- Architecture: Creating technical vision grounded in incremental development and reality. Enabling teams to own and grow their own architecture. Solving tough problems hands-on, not just whiteboarding and white-papering. Gap-filling technical leadership wherever needed. Running fast POC/experiments on risky technical ideas.
- Expertise in Python or C++, ideally both.
- Fluency and familiarity in many programming languages and application frameworks, including RESTful APIs, concurrent platforms (multi-process and non), event-driven programming, fully automated CI/CD, and container-based architecture.
- Technical leadership on products in the security market, such as SEIM, threat intelligence, or behavior analytics.
- Depth in multiple aspects of security such as application security, infrastructure security, and threat modeling.
- Genuine familiarity with security software customers.
- Available, performant, secure architecture in AWS, GCP, and/or Azure.
- Experience with many IaaS and PaaS services across the stack.
- Experience designing for and running at cloud scale.
- Operational Excellence/SRE approaches, demeanor, and technology.
- Experience working directly with customers and mentoring others how to work with customers.
- BS Computer Science or equivalent with 10+ years of tried experience, including 5 years in an architect or designated tech-leadership role.
What We Offer You
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer success.
- A collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12-hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an exceptional environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.