Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to scale our new Observability Suite to tens of thousands of customers in new geographies, new cloud platforms and availability regions, and with the new requirements that these bring. This position will require a highly technical candidate who understands cloud platforms, application scalability, and is strong with making data-driven decisions.
You will work with the product, engineering, and design from across our suite to:?
- Be the product expert for our internal platform and drive the roadmap for our integration with the systems that back our billing, quota, authentication, etc. functions, both within our Observability Suite and with the rest of Splunk
- Manage the regional / platform expansion process, including:
- Identifying which regions and cloud platforms are requirements for target customers or provide the most business opportunities
- Set requirements and deadlines for our constituent businesses to expand to these regions and platforms
- Find potential customers or expansion opportunities that are blocked on missing compliance requirements (for example, government clients blocked by FedRAMP, financial institutions blocked by PCI, etc.), build a plan for gaining suite-wide certification, and execute on this plan across our products and teams
- Set performance and redundancy targets for our products (availability, latency, error rates, data protection, backup, etc.) based on business impact and feasibility, work across teams to establish these as SLOs and measure them, implement a process for tracking and fixing performance issues, and expose these to customers.
- Understand customer and user needs in depth; communicate those needs crisply and succinctly within Splunk; and work with design and engineering teams to translate those needs into clear priorities, a compelling roadmap and high-impact, innovative features
- Actively maintain a view of how the market, competition and technologies are evolving, and factor it, as well as feedback from internal groups and customers, into the product direction
- Collaborate with product marketing, support and the sales team to solve for business limiters within your control and pursue key business accelerants
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize requirements across conflicting dimensions and to be clear on the minimum capabilities that matter
- Excellent analytical / problem-solving skills. Ability to identify patterns and synthesize disparate data into a coherent whole
- Strong written and verbal organizational, analytical, and communication skills. Ability to lead and influence via persuasion, patience and energy
- Experience with developing software, understanding engineering tradeoffs, and an intuition for the needs of the developers and operators who use our products
- A passion for usability and a knack for simplicity
- Willing to do whatever it takes to get quality products and features to market on time
- 3-5 years of experience in product management or technical product management role
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
- MBA from a top-tier program
- Background in enterprise SaaS; bonus if those were monitoring or analytics products
- Participation in all stages of the software development lifecycle, experience with Agile software methodologies
If you’d like to join one of the fastest growing and most exciting tech companies in the Silicon Valley, contact us! This position has the ability to make a huge impact. Your compensation will include a competitive salary, stock options, cool perks, and generous benefits.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.?
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $115,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).