Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to turn Data into Doing with Splunk’s industry-leading Data-to-Everything platform. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully, to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Splunk’s Observability organization is a fast-growing distributed team that collaborates constantly to share knowledge and continuously advance our technical capabilities and knowledge, and share them with the community. As a Sales Engineer for Splunk’s Observability solutions, you will be part of a world-class pre-sales team that provides technical and thought leadership around Observability-focused solutions to the sales organization and to Splunk’s prospects and customers. You will get to work with customers while acting as the domain expert across all Cloud solutions including Infrastructure Monitoring, APM, Synthetics, Real-User Monitoring, OnCall, and other Splunk technology products.
What you’ll do:
- Work directly with the leaders in the Observability and OpenTelemetry space to partner with engineering and product management team members to redefine how customers manage, supervise, and analyze their infrastructure, trace and log data.
- Understand and help to orchestrate all phases of the sales cycle, including leading proof of concepts and other customer validation activities.
- Get the technical validation and win-in opportunities through technical depth, competitive knowledge, and credibility in the space.
- Be comfortable working with customers to help them define their future architectural roadmap as a trusted advisor.
- Lead all aspects of the adoption, optimization, and integration into the customers’ business architectures and technology landscape.
- Be successful working with all levels of an organization from the C-suite down to individual developers and SREs.
- Potential travel in-region up to 30% for customer engagements, conferences, etc.
What you have:
- Experience working in Sales Engineering or other pre-sales roles that are customer-facing.
- Experience working in engineering/software development roles.
- Hands-on experience working with one or more modern programming languages: Java, Python, PHP, .NET, Ruby, Node.js, Go, etc.
- Experience selling and working with cloud-based and SaaS solutions
- Working Modern application architecture (microservices, distributed systems, serverless, etc) knowledge and understanding
- Comfort working in a dynamic, fast-paced startup-style environment
- Experience with leading and running proof of value engagements from prioritizing to execution to executive presentations.
- Relentless Curiosity - with a desire to question, research, learn, and grow (on repeat)
- Nimble learning - quickly grasp the essence of new issues and concepts
- Collaboration - work across teams in a highly matrixed organization
- Influence - navigate through stakeholders and power players, and build credibility and trust with them.
- Bias for action - someone who addresses new opportunities and challenges with a healthy sense of urgency, and has the ability to set, communicate, handle to and meet ambitious landmarks and deadlines
- Don’t just talk, listen. Ability to quickly understand and interpret customer problems.
How to stand out:
- Experience with containers and orchestration: eg. Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, OpenShift, or other containerization-based technology.
- Experience in systems or Cloud administration: Windows, Linux, AWS, GCP, Azure (certification is always a plus!)
- Strong knowledge of current infrastructure and application monitoring solutions in the industry.
- DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering experience.
- Experience with OpenTelemetry.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.