Join us as we pursue our exciting new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about solving problems using data and seek to deliver the best experience for customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Splunk APM team – the convergence of SignalFx’s Microservices APM and Omnition’s Distributed Tracing offerings. As a frontend engineer, you will own and contribute to the Splunk APM’s frontend web application, its user interface and user experience. Working in close collaboration with UI/UX designers, Product Managers, early-access design partners and the rest of your team, you will implement modern, fabulous and intuitive frontend functionality and workflows to build the best observability product in the industry.
Role and responsibilities
- You will participate in the design, implementation, maintenance and evolution of Splunk APM’s web application and user interface.
- You will participate in the design of new features with product and UX teams, and drive the requirements and implementation of their corresponding user interface in Splunk APM’s frontend TypeScript/React.js codebase.
- You will contribute actively and own your feature development in all levels of product engineering: design, develop, test, and deploy.
- BS in Computer Science and/or 4+ years of experience in developing web applications, web services and APIs.
- Extensive knowledge of web standards and modern browsers, responsive design, and of the full web technology stack.
- Experience with Node.js and the frontend development toolchain (npm/yarn).
- Experience with JSON REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Experience with Git and CI tools.
- Ability to structure and build sophisticated client-side applications.
- Leadership and mentoring skills and the ability to work with engineers and non-engineers of various skill levels.
- Understanding of the development cycle of software products.
Nice to have skills
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.?
- Experience with other APM products, metrics-based observability or distributed tracing.
- Experience with AWS and/or GCP and general knowledge of managed cloud services.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $115,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).