Senior Technical Curriculum Developer,? ?(Previous Java & Python experience)
At Splunk, we know that effective education is key to our continued success. Are you experienced in developing curriculum on deep technical topics with knowledge of the performance monitoring space?
We are looking for a Senior Technical Curriculum Developer with programming experience in Java or Python who can craft instructional materials and labs that are concise, accurate and outcome-based.? You will build courseware on using our world class Splunk Observability Cloud for DevOps, SREs and Application developers.
If you have the required background, we'd love to hear from you. Flexibility, creativity, passion and a sense of humor are highly valued here.?
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Designs and develops outstanding technical course content and lab exercises for instructor presentation or self-paced consumption
- Handles multiple concurrent projects and consults widely across organizations to identify objectives; researches topics independently using all available resources
- Ensures learning and performance objectives are appropriate to the audience and that the training materials meet these objectives
- Scopes projects and estimates time required accurately; consistently meets deadlines and communicates promptly when obstacles arise
- Uses subject matter expert time efficiently; develops and maintains relationships with colleagues across organizations
- Works on multiple projects concurrently, monitors activity, progress, and time related to project development
- Develops hands-on labs; data generators;? grading applications; builds and maintains lab server environments; creates automation scripts for setting up lab environments and data generators
- Learns quickly, collaborates efficiently, shares knowledge, and is happy to cover new and temporary projects when needed.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing commercial technical courseware and building lab environments?
- Programming experience in one of the following is a must: Java, Python
- Experience crafting courses for Software as a Service (SaaS) products and familiar with performance monitoring tools
- Experience building grader applications and data generators
- Strong technical background; able to understand and explain highly technical subject matter
- Experience with distributed software systems, microservices applications/ deployments, Cloud technologies, Linux OS, Linux command line; AWS EC2 or similar cloud computing platform;?
- Outstanding problem solver, negotiator, innovator, diversity advocate, and relationship builder
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to coordinate and prioritize effectively
- High aptitude for handling and solving tactical issues
Education: Got it!
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.??