Design at Splunk is at the center of how we build and ship products our users love to use. We’re a team of designers, user researchers, and design program managers that move fast and focus on delivering clear and beautiful enterprise solutions to our customers.
Connecting to customers is a key part of how we build and design user experiences at Splunk. You will lead a key function that helps define our user research operations program.
Partnering with our head of design operations, the user research team, and the rest of the design team at Splunk, you’ll help design and build our research operations program. The goal of the program is to enable user researchers and designers to connect and conduct research effectively with customers and non-customers.
Your goal is to build a program that scales as the design and user research organization scales and to be proactive about finding gaps, and solutions to these gaps, as we continue to improve how we run an effective user research program.
- A collaborative and customer-focused operational leader who deeply cares about building scalable programs that work for the broader organization.
- Attune to identifying areas for improvements and energized by tackling ambiguous issues
- Driven by creating measurable improvements to research operations
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Define the vision and infrastructure to enable teams to conduct research efficiently and effectively.
- Build a research program that will enable user research and all designers on the team to easily and effectively connect to customers. This program should continue to scale as our organization grows.
- Assist in key areas of Research Operations in the short term and develop a strategy for how we operate in the long term—this includes but is not limited to: crafting, implementing, and owning operational processes for our team’s recruitment, knowledge management, tooling, and vendor management.
- Harness the ability to understand people and workflows to develop common infrastructure (e.g. opt-out practices, common NDAs, universal screener) that can be shared across other teams, such as ePAT, Field PM, Marketing, Customer Success, and Customer Experience.
- Efficiently drive research system efforts—such as standardizing and streamlining user recruitment—and establish a workflow for data-pulling and access to user data.
- Interface with Legal (on data compliance), Security, and Procurement teams to onboard and pay vendors, which includes facilitating statements of work and negotiating business terms and budgets.
- Help, and in some cases lead, participant recruitment for large research projects.
- Created and led research operations programs before or was a key part of these programs before.
- Built and led scalable operations programs that were used by dozens of team members through direct contact and/or automation.
- Identified metrics and measured success and impact of research operations
- Knowledge about the legal and ethical guidelines of working with user research participants and the data collected
- Experience supporting procurement, RFPs, SOW, PO and payments.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.