Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As part of Splunk's Data Stream Processor team, DevOps engineers help build out the infrastructure and automation for our product running on customer-managed platforms. Our goal is to make it easier to build, run, and debug the Data Stream Processor in all sorts of customer environments.
- Design and develop software to maximise the engineering velocity of teams and increase the reliability of Splunk products.
- Work across the organization to deliver quality products that delight Splunk's passionate users.
- A passion for automating away common tasks and processes.
- You enjoy a well oiled continuous integration and continuous deployment cycle.
- Understanding of observability libraries and ability to instrument code to expose new application metrics
- You enjoy building a platform that service teams can build on top of.
- You enjoy designing, developing, and maintaining distributed systems at scale in production.
- You understand the challenges and trade-offs to be made when building and deploying systems to production.
- Knowledge of standard methodologies related to security, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Skilled in identifying performance bottlenecks, identifying anomalous system behavior, and resolving root cause of service issues.
- Skilled in debugging complex distributed systems, and finding root causes
- Experience with Golang, Gitlab CI, Qbec, Terraform.
- Experience with Kubernetes environments and understanding of security implications.
- Experience working with container deployment and orchestration technologies with knowledge of fundamentals including service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing.
- Experience with development and deployment in a hosted cloud environment, preferably AWS & GCP.
- Experience with distributed cloud service development, infrastructure, traffic management and architecture.
- Experience with optimized and scalable software that operates on a large number of nodes.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $95,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).