Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the only purpose-built Security Automation & Orchestration platform, and the first to provide an open community for sharing Playbooks and Apps. It makes security smarter, faster, and stronger!
Splunk is building a fast-paced team and is seeking for QA testers with strong automation skills.
- Design and implementation of automated tests for microservices based architecture
- Provide innovative insight to better the reliability, scale-ability, and maintainability of microservices based products
- Create and execute automated and manual test plans and maintain accurate documentation of results and process.
- Automate, script, and use tools whenever possible to reduce task execution time.
- Excellent team work: Work closely with others, resolve issues and develop code as a unified team.
- Effectively interact with software development, QA, Product Management and release teams.
- 5+ years’ experience in QA Automation Engineering, Devops, or related experience.
- Excellent scripting and automation skills especially Python
- Proven understanding of microservices architecture
- Familiarity with development cycle of any software based product.
- Excellent scripting and automation skills, specifically strong Python skills are required.
- Desire to automate as much as possible, especially during the development cycle.
- Degree in Computer science, and/or related work experience.
- Experience with monitoring/reporting systems (Nagios, Cacti, etc)
- Experience with Jenkins, Buildbot, or other equivalent continuous integration packages
- Experience with test and bug tracking tools (Testlink, Mantis, Bugzilla, Jira, etc)
- Experience with Chef, Robot Framework, or other automation framework systems
- Experience with build server integration and build tools
- Experience with virtualization and/or clustering systems
- Experience with security infrastructure equipment or software, SIEM, IPS, UTMs, etc.
- Systems administration for development and test systems.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $95,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).