Are you passionate about building scalable web applications in a microservice paradigm? Do you have a strong desire to build excellent experiences for customers? Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that:
- Develop high-quality, scalable, well-written microservices (in a distributed environment, hosted on AWS) exposing REST APIs.
- Help in common DevOps and CI/CD tasks, those are required in the infrastructure provisioning and application deployments.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. And come up with good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for acquiring scalable solutions.
- Hold yourself accountable for the committed tasks (end-to-end) that require close collaboration with internal tech leads, product managers, and external team members.
- Communicate with others clearly and precisely (verbally and written) within the Scrum framework to meet the sprint objectives.
- Help in our ongoing open sourcing initiative to publish code to the community outside of Splunk.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 5+ years of experience in developing scalable and event-driven web applications in a highly distributed environment.
- 3+ years of experience in building scalable and secure REST APIs, those are exposed by distributed microservices (written in Node.js) hosted in the cloud.
- 1+ years of experience in DevOps and CI/CD related technologies.
- Experience in TDD - includes setting up the framework, developing unit & functional tests, and provisioning them in the CI pipeline (test automation).
- Good knowledge of computer science fundamentals e.g. data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- Willingness to be on a constant learning journey and continuously go above and beyond your comfort zone.
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus:
- DevOps mentality.
- Some experience in React/Redux.
- Developer-driven testing approach (no dedicated QA).
- Knowledge of Splunk.
- Experience in Agile software development.
- Experience in collaborating with remote team members.
Education: Got it!
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Information Systems/Business or equivalent experience required.
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun, and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hours a day. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.?