Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Splunk Solutions Architect, Global Security Operations reports to the Director of Detection and Monitoring Operations. The role is based in San Francisco, San Jose, McLean, VA or Remote for well-qualified candidates. In this role, you will be responsible for developing security solutions supporting the 24x7 monitoring operations, threat hunting and threat intel. You will have a deep understanding of Information Security principles and disciplines coupled with expert level knowledge of Splunk Processing Language (SPL), CI/CD experience, excellent development skills, and a continuous desire to learn and grow. We are a passionate team who has fun, enjoys a good laugh but above all else thinks security first.
- Draw from your industry expertise that finds opportunities to build solutions that increase velocity and scale security operations work
- Engage partners to lead data onboarding, normalization, and detection development efforts
- Uncover opportunities to iterate and improve operationalized frameworks and content development methodologies
- Partner with Security Engineering and Security Architecture to develop wing-to-wing solutions
- Share expertise with developers, engineers, and operators around logging practices and methods
- Drive sophisticated initiatives with key business partners to continuously measure and improve visibility
- Collaborate across teams for training, development opportunities, and service improvement
- Gain an understanding of compliance requirements needed to support industry-recognized certifications and ensure alignment
- Provide mentorship for Splunkers looking to dive into security content development
- You have proven experience as a SOC Analyst, Security Content Developer and/or Security Engineer
- Strong experience working in a cloud-native environment (AWS, GCP, k8s) with well-honed DevOps principles
- A background in developing and testing Python code, debugging programs, and integrating applications with Splunk
- Demonstrated ability working with Splunk Enterprise Security and/or Splunk Enterprise
- Ability to build and interpret Splunk Processing Language (SPL) fluidly (bonus points if you have worked with Risk Based Alerting)
- Ability to understand challenges quickly, and translate understanding into solutions
- You can lead people to think critically by guiding them without doing the work for them
- You have a passion for learning and a desire to enable the growth of others
- You possess a demonstrated ability to speak with people with varying knowledge in IT Security concepts
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and take-charge
- Ability and desire to think outside of the box for creative solutions to problems with the moxie to follow-through
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to see things through the customer’s eyes
- Tremendous attention to detail
- Eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information security or related subject area is required or equivalent work experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.