Sr. Director, Product Design, Observability
Design at Splunk
Design at Splunk is at the center of how we build and ship products our users love to use. We’re a team of designers, user researchers, and design program managers that move fast and focus on delivering powerful, easy-to-use enterprise solutions to our customers.
As the Senior Director of Product Design for Observability, you’ll lead a team of over 25 designers and user researchers focused on building the future of the Splunk Observability Cloud. You will also be a member of the design leadership team, reporting directly to our Chief Design Officer, and help drive Splunk’s design organization forward.
Observability means having visibility into the state of an ever-changing ecosystem of software and tools. It builds on traditional monitoring practices to help users find the unexpected and get ahead of problems before they happen. Splunk’s goal is to break down the existing silos between data and tools and remove barriers between users and insights. We’re focused on improving the experience for our users, while helping people and teams move forward in their Observability journey.
Observability is key to Splunk’s transformation to a cloud company focused on developers and DevOps personas. You will work collaboratively with a set of amazing product management and engineering partners to help draft the strategy, delivery, and execution of those experiences.
- An empathic leader who builds a psychologically safe environment and an effective team culture.
- Focused on driving customer and business outcomes and have a proven track record of how to understand, align, and influence the strategic direction of the product and portfolio.
- Collaborative and love working closely with product management and engineering teams to deeply understand business direction, customer needs, and the way our user experience strategy can meet those.
- Deeply interested in technical domains and experiences designed for technical users.
- Focused on building cloud-focused products and experiences that are designed to provide value based on clear customer outcomes and use cases.
- Work closely with your PM and Engineering counterparts to define the strategy and execution plans for the different set of tools and services under the Observability suite.
- Get a deeper understanding of the domain and business to help define the underlying strategy of the work and the way design can help influence the end to end experience.
- Lead the work on the end-to-end experience north star of Observability at Splunk.
- Work closely with your design peers and designers across the organization to shape the end to end experience of Observability as it integrates with Splunk’s portfolio of products and services.
- Manage and grow your team and team’s culture as we deliver results to customers.
- Experience managing and scaling multi-disciplinary design teams, including user research, collaboratively working with product management, engineering, marketing, and other cross-functional partners.
- Led product design for large cross-portfolio initiatives.
- Built clear end to end experiences out of complex systems and domains.
- Led or worked closely with user research to inform and validate design strategy and decisions.
Bonus to have:
- Worked in the Observability space or tackled issues related to complex systems focused on the developer and DevOps personas.
- Worked on cloud and SaaS based products and solutions.
- Worked on complex enterprise user experiences and helped shape the transition from on-prem to cloud.