Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to harness machine data in the next generation of security analytics products! We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and commemorating each other’s success.
Splunk's Security Content Engineering team is seeking security administrators, integrators, and professionals to define the data transformations and normalizations needed to map security data from hundreds of Splunk supported data sources to our security semantic model. This model contains the security object definitions used by Splunk, partners, and customers to develop detection analytics against. These analytics power our market leading security products: Splunk Enterprise Security and Splunk User Behavior Analytics, which help security analysts to quickly identify and mitigate the ongoing time-sensitive threats, attack methods, and other security issues that our customers face. Your work will have an immediate positive effect on thousands of customers in their cyber defense systems.?
What you'll do
- Use your security data domain expertise to contribute to the definition of our security semantic layer
- Collaborate with teammates, Product Management, and the Security Research team on how to successfully implement security detections?
- Analyze the information provided in machine generated logs and metrics coming from IT and security systems, then define the specific data transformations and normalization of fields as part of our security semantic layer. Using a high level programming language, you will codify these definitions used by our Splunk security products
- Setup security systems in our lab to generate representative data which will be used for security analysis. Once setup, you will be creating automation scripts against third party interfaces to enable automation of this data generation
- Investigate and solve customer and partner issues in a timely manner
- Mentor junior engineers of the team
What you'll need
- 6+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Security system management, enterprise or infrastructure management, security analytic definition work
- Experience with Splunk or other SIEM/Log Management tools, a working knowledge of Splunk SPL (Search Processing Language) is a plus
- Experience with automation or full stack programming?
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- BA/BS preferred in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, mathematics or an equivalent work experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.