Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
Splunk is seeking a Senior Observability Services Offering Portfolio Manager to join our passionate, fun and innovative Customer Success organization and build the next generation Customer Success offerings portfolio (across Professional Services, Customer Success Management, Renewals, Education and Technical Support) for our customers!
Your main responsibility will be to closely partner with the Customer Success leadership team to design, launch, and grow new services offerings that drive higher solution adoption, customer value, and new business growth and expansion. These new services offerings could either be aligned to the Observability Buying Center or more broadly applicable service offerings addressing our customers’ needs across the Splunk customer journey.
Secondly, you will define the services strategy for New Product Introductions for our Observability Buying Center focused products. Supporting these high-priority initiatives requires partnering with Product Management, Product Marketing, Field Enablement and Customer Success to design the right services solution to drive product adoption across our rapidly growing customer base.
This role will require a highly driven individual with a diverse skill set that spans strategic thinking, product management, product marketing, execution, and analytical problem solving. You must excel at working with multiple teams to align on strategy and drive decision-making to help turn concepts into reality. A customer first mentality, comfort with ambiguity, a “new way of thinking” orientation, and experience working iteratively in a fast-paced environment are a must.
If you are looking for a high impact role in a growth environment … operating at the intersection of strategy, products, services, customer experience, and execution … come join our team!
- Design new simple, prescriptive services offerings and pricing strategies targeted at delivering outcomes across the Splunk customer journey
- Use Services research on customer/market trends to identify our customer’s services requirements across segment, buying centers and personas, globally
- Partner closely with Customer Success leaders to determine how to package, sell, and deliver these critical services in a way that is easy-to-buy and easy-to consume
- Structure problems and develop recommendations utilizing a hypothesis-driven, highly iterative approach
- Conduct analysis and build / refine financial models to advise strategic services offerings recommendations
- Orchestrate broad multi-functional engagement to identify & launch defined services offerings that deliver new value in new ways for customers
- Establish the go-to-market strategy for each assigned services offering, including positioning, pricing and packaging, and associated services attach model
- Collaborate with CS Marketing & Field Enablement to build internal & external enablement, collateral, success stories & value propositions for each offering
- Ensure Customer Success operation and delivery teams are capable of filling orders (e.g., capacity, geo) and have requisite capabilities/skills defined in the offerings
- Drive successful new services offering launches; orchestrate critical path activities across multiple organizations
- Build services strategies and orchestrate solution development for Observability New Product Introductions, collaborating closely with Product Management, Product Marketing, Field Enablement and Customer Success teams
- Provide input to the New Services Introduction (NSI) process & an updated, collaborative engagement process for New Product Introduction
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical subject area or business field; MBA preferred
- 8+ years of professional experience with a solid track record of accomplishment and increasing scope & responsibility
- 4+ years experience in strategy consulting
- 4+ years experience working in a fast growing software SaaS company
- 2+ years experience in Customer Success / Services offerings management or other relevant product management experience
- Knowledge of technical solution deployments and customer adoption expectations across all Customer Success divisions (Professional Services, Customer Success Management, Renewals, Education and Technical Support)
- Solid technical capability with Observability domain knowledge; ability to rapidly ramp on security buying center use cases, customer value, and technical requirements
- Self-starter who can keep extended team(s) motivated and focused
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally (e.g., finance, sales, etc.)
- Customer-centric orientation
- Goal-oriented & team-centric focus
- Creative and intellectually curious; willingness to share an informed perspective
- Exceptional ability to analyze, structure and synthesize
- Demonstrated aptitude for using data and analytics in decision making
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous situations
- Effective in driving executive partners to decisions
- Excel at influencing business outcomes in matrixed environments
- Solid written and verbal communication abilities
- Experience working iteratively in a fast-paced environment
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $110,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).