Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you have a passion for building software that makes a difference? Do you want to be part of a founding team for a new mobile-first product and build something from the ground up?
Splunk’s Mobile Engineering team is looking for senior backend and full stack developers to build innovative solutions to power the next generation of SOCs and NOCs. You will get to work with a passionate bunch of folks doing state of the art native mobile and mobile backend development. You will be collaborating with product management and customers to understand detailed requirements. You will also work with other engineering teams across Splunk to design and build high-performance solutions.
- 8+ years of meaningful industry experience
- Proficient in Python, React
- Experience making architectural decisions for a development team, providing sound technical direction, and communicating effectively
- Experience building RESTful and gRPC APIs
- Experience collaborating with product, design and multi-functional engineering teams to deliver impactful solutions
- Full stack development experience
- Creative problem solver with phenomenal attention to detail
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand a wide variety of technical challenges to be solved
- Strong CS fundamentals
Nice to Have
- You are familiar with writing code that works across all popular platforms & browsers
- Experience building services that support native mobile (Android or iOS) apps
- Experience using CSS & HTML to produce interfaces from design mock-ups
- A Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
What We Offer You
- An opportunity to be one of the founding engineers on a new initiative and drive innovation in the Splunk TV product suite.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We’re always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.