Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for an experienced Solution Architect to join our New Markets & Partners Strategy Team, where you will be the key technical resource for our relationship with our most strategic consulting and systems integration partners. You'll be working closely with our business development owners to identify and align Splunk’s capabilities to craft and drive valuable customer outcomes when partner and Splunk products, services and solutions are combined. Candidates should demonstrate the ability to think strategically about the performance, reliability and security needs of customers using cloud technologies to build their digital infrastructure and possess hands-on technical experience building scalable, secure and compliant solutions.
The responsibilities and activities for this role include: voicing support for Splunk products, providing technical product and deep architectural expertise; leading exploratory conversations with other technologists; providing presentations at the C-level; delivering ongoing communication of the latest Splunk capabilities and partner enablement; building groundbreaking prototypes to support our joint initiatives and build cloud-optimized architectures. You will need to be, or quickly become, a Splunk expert so our partners can be successful with Splunk products. You will be as comfortable white boarding software architectures with a room full of engineers, as briefing an executive audience. If you enjoy being a technical leader with vision who provokes fresh ideas on what is possible and provides clear explanations for how our products build value, we should talk.
- Partner with architects and technical leaders at Splunk’s most strategic consulting partners to define and develop technical and business strategies.
- Understand and internalize partner solution architectures. Identify where Splunk products can have the most impact.
- Identify, shape and size complex opportunities across Splunk’s global consulting partners.
- Responsible for crafting and presenting technical content, whiteboard sessions and iteration through possible technical designs to recommend the best option.
- Establish and maintain leverage-able relationships with key technical staff and leadership at key partners.
- Assemble and share best-practice knowledge among the worldwide Splunk and partner technical sales community
- Educate customers on the value proposition of Splunk + partner products and services.
- Work in close collaboration with Splunk Partner execs to build and execute a technical business plan
- Design and launch differentiated solution offerings. Serve as a technical liaison between customers, partners, service engineering teams and support.
- Demonstrate Splunk products and services, including the intersections with partner products and services.
- Participate in and deliver Business Reviews and executive briefings
- Author or contribute to Splunk customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, blogs, and technical guides
- 10+ years relevant Sales Engineering or Solution Consulting experience, building, delivering and selling cloud service products to IT organizations and C-level officers (GSI preferred)?
- Expertise or understanding of multiple technical domains: Cloud infrastructure and services, Security, DevOps, Analytics and Application Management
- Understanding of architectural principles for cloud-based platforms including SaaS PaaS, multi-tenancy and automation.
- Product and/or Project Management experience is preferred
- Committed Curiosity - with a desire to question, research, learn and grow (on repeat)
- Forward-thinking learning - able to quickly grasp the essence of new issues and concepts
- Collaboration - work across teams in a highly matrixed organization
- Bias for action -address new opportunities and challenges, set, communicate, lead, and meet results-oriented achievements and deadlines
- Eye For Business - strong understanding of how global ISVs, SaaS and PaaS partners make money, as well as the industry pressures they face
- Don’t just talk, listen. Ability to quickly understand and interpret customer problems and navigate complex organizations (aka red tape)
- Should be available to travel to visit your accounts, up to 30% of the time (including international travel, so must have a valid passport!)
- BS in Computer Science or similar degree, MS/MBA degree preferred
- IMPORTANT We can teach you the technology, coach you on soft skills, and educate you on processes. But you need to come with your own self-motivation, unflagging curiosity, and belief in “the art of possible” with technology, and a strong desire to work with an awesome team with a positive mentality
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.