Splunk is the Data-to-everything platform! Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success.
Fresh Grads encouraged to apply!!!
Splunk has an immediate opportunity for a System Test Engineer, focusing on Large-Scale System Testing and Tools. You will work a dynamic team of architects and System Engineers with the responsibility to ensure that we deliver high quality solutions to meet the business needs of Splunk customers. Working experience in the native cloud software delivery environment is a huge plus.
- Review PRD, ERD and provide constructive feedback to the team
- Define, develop, perform and automate large scale system level testing on Splunk Enterprise and Cloud products
- Ability to understand Customer Use cases and ensure Splunk product quality in a large sophisticated environment
Demonstrate test experience in following areas on a distributed :
- Upgrade and migration
- Documents systems-level defects, using Jira tracking system, and reports defects to developers. Analyze and pinpoint the issue, and help resolving the issue
- Identifies, analyzes, troubleshoots, and documents problems with program function, output, or content.
- Develops testing programs that assess efficiency of a new system or modification of an existing system.
- Demonstrates knowledge in automation frameworks in a test environment. Additionally, the job involves testing in a lab environment, designing and implementing test setups and automation.
- Very good understanding of computer science fundamentals with emphasis on data structure and algorithmic knowledge
- Expert or has taken master level class for Operating systems
- Highly proficient in scripting languages (Python) and ability to code review (C/C++/Java)
- Comfortable with Linux, Docker containers, Kubernetes, Prometheus, AWS/GCP/Azure, GIT, Artifactory in terms of both tools and systems administration
- Experience with big data platforms and building blocks: Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark
- Experience with data streaming technology: Kafka, Flink is also preferred
- Experience in distributed computing system and stack
- Highly motivated and demonstrates the ability to find root cause of system level issues
- Experience in tackling problems of load, scale, and optimizations of complex large-scale deployments
- Experience in SaaS, CloudNative software companies and projects
- 3+ years of experience in System Engineering with a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field or Master’s in Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience is preferred
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.