Splunk is the Data-to-everything platform! Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success.
Splunk has an immediate opportunity for a System Test Engineer, focusing on Large-Scale System Testing and Tools. You will work a dynamic team of architects and System Engineers with the responsibility to ensure that we deliver high quality solutions to meet the business needs of Splunk customers. Working experience in the native cloud software delivery environment is a big plus.
- Review PRD, ERD and provide constructive feedback to the team
- Define, develop, perform and automate large scale system level testing on Splunk Enterprise and Cloud products
- Ability to understand Customer Use cases and ensure Splunk product quality in a large complex environment
- Demonstrate test experience in following areas on a distributed system:
- Upgrade and migration
- Documents systems-level defects, using Jira tracking system, and reports defects to developers. Analyze and pinpoint the issue, and help resolving the issue
- Identifies, analyzes, troubleshoots, and documents problems with program function, output, or content.
- Develops testing programs that assess effectiveness of a new system or modification of an existing system.
- Demonstrates knowledge in automation frameworks in a test environment. Additionally, the job involves testing in a lab environment, designing and implementing test setups and automation.
- Good communications skills are expected, to be able to convey/communicate technical information to various audiences such as technical and test teams as well as periodic written status reports.
- 5+ years of experience in System Engineering
- Ability to find root cause of system level issues
- Experience in tackling problems of load, scale, and optimizations of complex large-scale deployments
- Highly proficient in scripting languages (Python) and and ability to code review (C/C++/Java)
- Expert in distributed computing system and stack
- Comfortable with Linux, Kubernetes, Promethus, AWS, GIT, Artifactory in terms of both tools and systems administration
- Experience with big data platforms and building blocks: Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark is preferred
- Experience with data streaming technology: Kafka, Flink is also preferred
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field. Master’s in Computer and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience is preferred.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $95,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).