Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the leader in big data, machine learning analytics with a significant presence in the cyber security market. We are seeking a Technical Security Program Manager to join our Splunk Global Security team. In this role you will provide operational support, and work alongside the Service Owners to develop and execute a strategy to optimize service delivery for a scalable solution. The key to your success lies in partnering with your stakeholders, and intra-function coordination, understanding requirements, delivering and maintaining solutions and services in alignment with service investments, and measuring and reporting on the health of the service.
- In this technical role, you will be expected to learn “the basics of” several of the solutions we provide, while providing TPM support
- Coordinate and track services provided by the Security Engineering, Operations, Data Science, and Automation teams
- Assist with prioritizing work resulting from findings, stakeholder requests, and strategic vision
- Work with Service Owners to develop a service roadmap
- Partner with other Splunk Global Security TPMs to collaborate, report status, and prioritize work
- Scale and accelerate maturity across multiple service offerings
- Coordination of medium- and long-term efforts to support implementation of the service roadmap
- Develop and maintain service performance metrics
- Financial management of service delivery that includes communicating operational budget requirements for department level planning and associated procurement activities
- Manage demand intake, triage and prioritization of service requests
- Work with service owners on capacity planning and delivery
- Define and manage dependencies on external teams to successfully deliver the services by getting alignment on commitments
- Partner with the Splunk compliance team to provide evidence to auditors that demonstrate efficacy of security controls
- Pursue operational strategies to scale service capabilities
- Demonstrable understanding of common principles and terminology surrounding software engineering, security operations, and/or automation
- Experience with service management and process engineering
- Experience using a data-driven approach to track service performance and influence decision making
- Experience reporting on operations of security solutions (example:? SLA performance)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager or Technical Program Manager
- 5+ years of experience in IT and cyber security with a B.A./B.S. Degree; 3 years of experience with a Master’s
- You are eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.