Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you like to tinker with things and tear them apart to figure out how they work? Are you able to take your ideas and quickly bring them to life? Do you have a passion for building detection or analytics that don’t exist and disrupt the status quo? If so, we want to meet you.
The Splunk Threat Research Team is looking for a special candidate who shares our passions for pushing boundaries.
As a devoted researcher who eats, sleeps and breathes technology, you love learning, discovering, and thinking. Because you are awesome, you have a track record that demonstrates that you go beyond just theory and big ideas; you can point to specific deliverables and tangible results. You want to make an impact in the security industry.
- You will build analytics and detections for various Splunk security products.
- You will create research content (papers, blogs) to be presented at public venues.
- You will create automation capability, such as lab and product automation, to optimize analytics development and increase market adoption of security analytics.
- You will efficiently research all sorts of cool technologies and test ways to take your abstract ideas and design rapid prototype proof of concepts and systems that solve real- world problems.
- You will write highly efficient, robust, and object-oriented code for a variety of security use cases across various modalities, such as cloud and mobile.
- You will tinker, pull at threads, and investigate methods and means by which we can solve today's security challenges with containerization, cloud and mobile technologies.
- You will work closely with a small family made of expert problem solvers from diverse backgrounds.
- BS in EE or CS degree with 5 + years of industry experience or equivalent practical experience
- You have a solid foundation in API, data structures, algorithms, software design and security.
- You have experience in writing software and operationalizing it for deployment to cloud services, and you have worked with the container ecosystem, using tools like Docker, Amazon ECS, and Kubernetes.
- You have excellent problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written).
- You have an uncanny ability to learn new technologies quickly and are not afraid to share your hard-won insights with fellow team members.
Nice to Have:
- Projects within GitHub, with regular contributions to community open-source projects
- Personal research initiatives, hobbies, and projects.
- Presentations at industry events such as RSA, Blackhat, Defcon, BSides, IEEE, or ACM
- Filed for and/or granted patents.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.